Be first on the ice for free this winter – COMPETITION!10 OCTOBER 2018
The Royal Pavilion Ice Rink in Brighton has opened a competition offering 100 local people the chance to be first on the ice for free this winter season, at a special preview event on November 1, before the rink opens to the public on November 3.
“We want to offer a special opportunity to our fantastic, loyal local community to be our 2018 stars on the ice and help us kick off this year’s season,” said Shella Parkin, MD of Laine Limited, who manages the Royal Pavilion Ice Rink.
People can enter the competition online at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RPIR18 until October 26 and must live in Brighton & Hove, East or West Sussex to be valid for entry. Winners can enjoy a twinkly skating session followed by a warming hot drink.
The South East’s most beautiful ice rink opens for its ninth year from November 3 2018 to January 13 2019. The rink team aims to provide the most twinkling and delightful Christmas experience for visitors – from superb ice quality and maintenance created using cutting edge rink technology and resurfacing, to comfy boots, separate beginners area, beautiful rinkside restaurant and staff who really love what they do.
For those looking to just sit back and soak up the festive atmosphere, there’s no charge for spectating from the cozy rink-side Bar & Kitchen or on its 40-metre terrace next to the ice. With plenty of space for larger gatherings, the 130 seater restaurant offers sumptuous snacks, hearty meals, including stone baked pizzas, a fantastic after school menu for kids and a great bar selection including local ale and a range of craft beers, 14 different gins, and mulled wine or cider.
Tickets cost from £10 for full price tickets (aged 12 and over), £7 for juniors (under 12) and the one-hour skate times run from 10am to 9.15pm daily. Club Rinkidinks (daily, second session of the day, 11.15am to 12.15pm excluding Dec 15th 2018 – Jan 2nd 2019) offers children under five the chance to skate for free when accompanied on the ice by an adult paying full price. There are also great multiticket offers for those who want to skate regularly (check website for details) and concessions for students. The box office is open from 9.30am to 9.45am, but it is advisable to book tickets in advance.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Each winner is valid for one prize, either for one family of four (including at least one adult over 18) OR for four friends to skate for one special session at the Royal Pavilion Ice Rink (nb. children should be accompanied by an adult who can watch if they are not part of the skate party)
- The prize can only be taken on Thursday 1st October 2018 at 4pm and may not be transferred to any other date
- Entry is open until midnight on 26th October 2018
- Winners will be chosen at random and informed of their win via email by 30th October 2018
- Upon being informed of their prize, winners will be required to provide some further information for the guest list
- All of the entrants’ contact details will be stored securely in the Royal Pavilion Ice Rink database as per our GDPR policy